Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Sculpture as props

Kinda sad, but the 20th Century Prop house in North Hollywood is going out of business and selling all its inventory. Besides the simple things like chairs, they have tons of sculptures - from Egyptian gods to the Lady Liberty used in Spiderman 3. I am not an LA fan, but I would love to be there right now - I can tell I would bid on a few things just to have some really unique stuff that is part of film history. (this warehouse has been in business for many, many years - just think of the items it can have!)

(You can view what was up for auction today as well as what is up over the next few days at http://www.greatamerican.com/GAGAuction/Auctions/AuctionDetails.aspx?Id=393)

These remind of of the movie Stargate.


I don't know what the dog is from but its a pretty cool sculpture - as is the HUGE hat!







1 comment: