Monday, August 10, 2009

AA: Overheard at First Thursday

For this walk I decided to take my first ever tour of the Pearl's art gallery scene. Some friends and I went to First Thurday and milled about with the other patrons of the night. But we were on a mission.

I wanted to pay attention to how people were reacting to the art. I took pictures, recorded some (mostly unsuccessful video, and wrote down everything anyone said that was striking.




Here's what I collected.


"I should buy that one for my mother!"
-Elizabeth Leach Gallery

PDX Contemporary Photography

"Shit Happens."

"I just realized... I don't really like pictures of trees"







Ogle Gallery
*Man makes jacking off motions, pretends to ejaculate*




Special Rooftop/Apartment Show, Broadway and Flanders.
"It definitely feels like a nautilist"
















"Oh My God, I see it. That's crazy"
Rooftop exhibition

"And the message was like 'Oh man!'"







Tribute Gallery Opening
"We're calling it Design à Trois."

"I once went to Pepino's and ate a burrito with that artist."







"This one is sparkly." Children, before a sculpture at PDX Contemporary Art.













Tyson Gallery
[Artist]: I was afraid it would be toooo serious. Like, THIS IS THE WAY THIS IS."


Reflexions
[Artist]: It was entered into a contest, but I guess the Germans don't get it.

Spkr 1: I like that chair.
Spkr 2: It's a squish chair.
Spkr 1: It's like sitting on a tomato.


Froelick Gallery:
"This woman needs a witch doctor!"


PDX Contemporary Art.






Elizabeth Leach Gallery




Froelick Gallery (THE ONE WITH THE WARHOL)




















Video Clips:

1 comment:

  1. My friends and I keep a journal of funny quotes...out of context they are even funnier.

    ReplyDelete