Thursday, August 6, 2009

Liz's Five favorite

The Rock 'n' Roll High School album cover
I think I saw this cover when i was six? My sister had the record and I LOVED the art on the cover. The idea of all the kids rebelling and blowing stuff up appealed to me. Plus The Ramones!






Stephen Gammell's wonderfully chilling pencil sketches for Scary Stories to Tell...
I used to check this book out everyday from the library just to look at the pictures. The stories are pretty good, but the illustrations definitely made the stories come to life.





The cinema poster from The Rocky Horror Picture Show
My sister had this hanging up on her side of our bedroom. I was totally grossed out by the bloody letters. But I always loved looking at it, probably due to the shock value of it.





Edward Scissorhands movie stills + Character sketches
After I saw this movie I couldn't get enough of Tim Burton. The sketches from the movie are amazing.







Falcor/Stills from The Neverending Story
Who didn't love the images from this movie?



1 comment:

  1. scary stories is my favorite thing ever. the illustrations! i read this all the time

    ReplyDelete