Monday, August 10, 2009

A Walk through the Chinese Gardens

Walking Assignment
By: Nick Ramil

Every day, I think about my time in China. From the scent of breakfast from my favorite food stall to the amazing landscapes/architectural designs I saw on a daily basis, I miss it all (Especially the food!). Therefore, I decided to walk through the Chinese Gardens of Portland, to see if this quarter of a block in downtown Portland would be able to stimulate any of my senses or memories from my time abroad.

The rules:
1. I can only speak Chinese
2. Every 10 minutes, I must take a 2 minute break and see where/how (sight/smell/sound/ect.) my surroundings remind me of China.
3. I have to walk in a counterclockwise direction.
4. I can only eat/drink Chinese food/beverages
5. I must identify 5 different landmarks/cities the Chinese Gardens resemble.

I will document my walk by:
1. Making a map
2. Photographs
3. Write up

No comments:

Post a Comment