Sunday, August 9, 2009

back yard walk

For my Walk, I chose my backyard as the subject matter. I walked my backyard in a grid like fashion, taking a photograph at every step. During the walk I spaced out a lot. I would not liken this to any kind of walking meditation trance state, just boredom. The light, however, was very nice. During my walk, I discovered cigarette butts from a party (Vogues from Taiwan....thanks Stephanie. Well, she was pretty wasted when she got to the party, so I can excuse the littering. At least they were all in one place.) I also learned that cats like to shit in the corners of the yard, there are blackberries coming up vis subterranean root system from the ally, and a weird white powder mold near the empty via raccoons chicken house. I had hoped by picking an utterly banal Walk, I might discover something interesting, but I didn't. My three forms of recording my walk entail a movie I have made with all of the 400 something photographs I took, a box of artifacts I retrieved, and this written statement.

No comments:

Post a Comment